Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Post about Babies

Some car rides expect day dreaming. And today I day dreamed a lot about a future pregnant wife. I'd love it if she spoke many languages but all that is important to me is that my baby's mama is the one I love. I hope I don't impregnate a chick I don't like. That would suck. Anyway, I was thinking of how much I already love my unborn child.

The first thing I would spend on my unborn child would be an iPod. I would buy him/her an iPod and fill it with music every culture available in mp3 format. Not just our western shit (classical, jazz, rock, pop, etc), although I plan on filling that thing with a representative survey of all that stuff, but also music from rich musical cultures like India and Africa and Cuba. My child will have been exposed to every piece of music I can possibly share with him/her in a 9 month span. I hope the woman I love is the woman I knock up and the woman who will sit with me for two hours each day as I place headphones on her belly and tell both her and my baby about the music. Hopefully she'd find it cute. Because whoever this woman is, I already love her. And also...at this very moment, I'm positive that I will do anything for this unborn baby.

In the end of this day dreaming, I concluded that although I hope I meet someone who will let me put a headphone to her belly every day for nine months, I'm in no hurry. Part of the philosophy Jim and I founded is that at this point in our lives we'd both make shitty boyfriends. And we're absolutely right. So hopefully this girl doesn't come along anytime soon. I'm busy working on my skills. And as I'll be working on skills, I'm sure she'll come around and surprise me.

And somehow, after dating for awhile, I'll try to sneak in the question "How do you feel about headphones?"